Sunday, September 9, 2007

I actually got a babysitter and went on a date!

However, I got food poisoning on our way home!

So, here's what happened, Brian really had to talk me into this one because it was an hour away and we had to leave on the bus at 3pm and would not get back until after midnight. The date was to go with some friends to this famous Wurstfest. I know what you're thinking, Germans have way too many fests! I have to admit, I am feeling that way now as well! Anyways, we found a babysitter, and it fit in our budget. So I figured I needed to go for Brian and for us to have some time together without sippy cups and dirty diapers getting in the way.


Well, I put the girls down for a nap, picked up the babysitter, and gave her a million instructions both written and oral. I said many prayers as we headed to the bus station and rode on the bus. I just hate leaving the girls for so long.


It was fun I guess, but it was kind of like the rest of the fests we have been to recently. This was bigger and more crowded though. I tried many different kinds of foods including a flammenkuchen (a pizza-like thingamajig with thin crust and cream cheese and onions). A picture of it is online at
www.wirthen.ch/img/pic_content/flammenkuchen.jpg if anyone is interested. So then we head to the bus around 11pm and I start to feel yucky. Once the bus gets moving, I really start to feel badly. Long story short, I have food poisoning. I didn't sleep much last night, but I did catch up a bit today while Brian took care of the kids and the house. I am just now attempting to eat some broth and toast tonight. I feel better, but certainly not recovered.

I suppose we are going to try this date thing again sometime, but this time I am recommending a movie or a museum.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Poor you..I am so sorry. Hope you feel better soon. I had food poisoning when I was only 5 weeks along with this baby...and it was terrible, especially with the added worry!