Friday, April 16, 2010

A few more accomplishments

I have been saving all these up from the last month for one post, so beware!

Refashioning Old Clothes: In retrospect, I should have taken "before" pictures.

Here is Isaac with his shirt pillow. He outgrew the shirt and so I stuffed and sewed it. The other side has his nickname on it, "The Tank."
An old dress (that I was not terribly fond of, but I always liked the pattern and colors) turns into a new skirt for Genna. All I did was cut off the top of the dress, sew it to extra wide elastic. Then I sewed some of my new Belgian lace to the lining underneath. I was inspired by this.


A plain old mock turtle neck turns into a shrug for Genna with just some elastic in the back and a some ribbon to trim the sides.

Another identical old mock turtle neck turns into a very different shrug for Genna. For this one, I was inspired by this cardigan at Happy Together.

(And she couldn't resist a silly pose!)

Stain Covering

This is for Isaac...a hand drawn back hoe for my little construction boy. He wore it on Easter Sunday.


This is for Hannah...a stained dress from a flea market turns into a nice summer dress with a little crocheted flower and some ribbon.

These flea market capris had a hole in them, so I covered it up with a flower made of ribbon and a button.


Gifts

Here is a saint dress for a friend's daughter. I made this from a men's shirts. I used ribbon and some ruffle that I got at the flea market in Belgium that just happened to have roses on it. Then I used a pocket from one of the doctor's coats and embroidered her name saint on it. I'll get a picture of it on her soon.

I bought this purse somewhere thinking I could spruce it up and give it as a gift.


This is an ornament for a dear friend who lost her baby Catherine after only 9 days. It is hand drawn and then embroidered.


Disclaimer: I would like to say, I am a total sewing dumby and made so many mistakes that it's not even funny. However, I learned a lot through all of these projects. I would also like to say that these things don't take as much time as you would think. All of this has been done during naps and on the occasional night.

No comments: