Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just Another Family Adventure: Part 3

On Sunday morning, we went to Mass down the street, but arrived an hour early. There just happened to be a flea market right outside the church. We found Isaac some antique cars and trucks, including a cement mixer, a steam roller, a crane, a garbage truck, and a tank. He, of course, can name them all. I got beautiful lace and ribbon and some elastic that I needed for super cheap. I can't wait to make something lacy!

Brian got this...


We also found this... and this immaculate conception medal.

Mass was in a lovely church.


After lunch, Brian and the kids took a bap while I went shopping and wandering. Mostly wandering, since I was content with my flea market finds from earlier in the day. The center of Gent was under some major construction so it was not as attractive as it is supposed to be. I called it Isaac Heaven though because there was quite the collection of construction trucks in the midst of it all.
We ate dinner at a tapas bar and got waffles along the way. This was our down day and the only day we weren't in the car for at least 5 hours.


Monday morning we made last stops to pick up a few things we wanted, including more waffles and then headed home. We had such a lovely time, but the kids were so happy to be home again. And that concludes my three part posting series on our trip!

No comments: