Sunday, April 25, 2010

Starting from scratch

This is the first time that I made up the pattern completely by myself with no ideas from online, just a bib that I love and wanted to reproduce. So I made my own pattern! Here is the first one I made for a friend about to have a baby. I am going to embroider it as well. I made this from a flannel receiving blanket I got at a flea market a while back. I reused some of the blanket hems to save time. Plus I found a knitted "ribbon" to use as trim which shaved off more time.


Then I made this one for Isaac, but it turned out too small. I forgot that the bib that I was using to make the pattern from was getting small on him and wouldn't close in the back anymore. I'll have to make him another one. So, if any of my pregnant friends out there are having a boy and would like this I am one step ahead on your gift. :) I used the left over fabric from Isaac's football quilt. It took a tad bit longer since I had to hem it and make the trim.


I would like to add a disclaimer, in case anyone is getting tired of seeing all my sewing projects lately, this is not turning into a sewing blog! I promise! I have been sewing way more than usual this last couple of weeks because Brian has been gone and my evenings are free. Also, I am sad to have my sewing machine packed up soon and, therefore, am trying to finish as many projects as possible. This blog is a scrapbook, of sorts, for me and meant to share our daily lives with our friends and family who live far away.

No comments: