Monday, April 26, 2010

My high for the day!

We often play "High's and Low's" at the dinner table, as I have mentioned before. Isaac is even getting in on the game lately. Well, my "high" today was that during dinner my sweet Hannah said, "Mom, do you want me to do the dishes for you?" I, suspecting an ulterior motive since I used to be nearly her identical twin, ask "Why?" She really and truly had no other motive than to do something nice for me, at least she fooled me if she did! After she finished, she gave me a hug and said, "Now you and Daddy don't have to do any dishes tonight!" What a sweetie! I congratulated her on putting someone else before herself without being told, since that is not her strong suit. (It didn't used to be mine either. When I was five years old, it was all about manipulating people to my advantage.) I have been trying to encourage is kind of sacrifice in her. I am looking forward to making St. Therese sacrifice beads next year as part of our homeschooling.

No comments: