Tuesday, April 6, 2010

First Bad Dream

Genevieve is usually such a deep sleeper and rarely wakes up in the middle of the night. Hannah occasionally comes to my bed and taps me to tell me about a bad dream where some bad guy was putting kids in the laundry or something. However, she always goes right back to sleep if I tuck her in again. Genna has never woken us up at night with a bad dream until Sunday night. I woke up hearing something and got up to investigate. Genna was crying in Hannah's room trying to wake her up. She said, "Mom, can I sleep with you because whenever I close my eyes in this bed a bad movie plays in my head?" I love the way she describes things. It turns out her dream was timed after Easter for a reason. She dreamed that she had "puzzle hands" and that a bad man was trying to put nails in them. I have tried to be sensitive and not too detailed about Jesus' crucifixion with her, but I guess we did talk about the nails with Hannah, thinking Genna wasn't paying attention anyway. There she goes tricking us again. She is very sensitive and anytime we discussed Jesus' death, she would say, "The more we talk about Jesus dying, the more sadder I get." She is all heart!

No comments: