Sunday, April 4, 2010

Frohe Ostern

Painting Eggs: Yesterday we painted eggs for several hours. :) They really enjoyed it!




New Life Centerpiece: We planted grass seeds again on Palm Sunday inside broken eggs and in a purple planter. The grass showed up on Easter as planned to illustrate new life. All the eggs, bunnies, and chicks also illustrate new life. In the crate are the "resurrection eggs."




The Mantle: I embroidered the "Alleluia" banner to hang above the crucifix. The girls made the chick crafts at school. One craft is hanging down and one is on the mantle.





The gifts: I found the chocolate lambs in Baden-Baden last weekend. Hannah thought they represented us being Jesus' sheep. So I reminded her of the sacrifice of the lamb on Passover and how Jesus was our lamb sacrifice. The egg spinning tops were a huge hit too.

Hannah's basket

Genna's Basket

Isaac's Basket (It's small since a, he doesn't care and b, I got him two things from the flea market a couple of weeks ago and didn't get the girls anything.)


Before Mass


Genevieve was styling in her shrug that I made from an old turtleneck shirt of Hannah's. On my next project post, I will put up close ups of the ribbon trim since you can't see it very well in these photos.

Isaac got to wear his "Back hoe" shirt that I embroidered (to cover a stain he made) for the first time and never has he been so excited to get dressed in the morning!

The Hunt: They had a blast! We went to a park down the road from our house.




3 comments:

Jennifer said...

These are such sweet park pictures, Kelle, and I also love Genna and Isaac's matching head tilts. :)

Anonymous said...

Kel, is your hair longer and darker?

Kelle said...

Anonymous, whoever you are, yes my hair is longer, but probably the same color. It always looks darker in photos. I am growing it out. I think. Maybe. Yes, I am. Definitely. Maybe. For now anyway.