Friday, March 4, 2011

First Big Purchase


Hannah saves her money and rarely asks to use it. So far, she has only bought the occasional gum pack or bag of chips. However, I counted her money up the other day and realized she had more than enough to buy the Pillow Pet that she had been wanting forever. Genna got one for Christmas and has been attached at the hip to it ever since. Since it was such a hit, I had thought about getting Hannah one for Easter or something, but usually I make their Easter gifts to save money. Pillow Pets are not cheap, by the way. When I realized she could afford to buy one, I presented her with the option and found the Valentine dog on sale after Valentine's Day passed online. It was a tough decision. She really wanted the Pillow Pet and loved the Valentine one since red is her favorite color, but on the other hand she didn't want to give me most of her money. In the end, she chose the Pillow Pet and has been thrilled since she arrived. Her name is Valentine. Genna's hugging her lamb, currently named Snowball (but she has been called Anna and Francesca in the past, and frequently goes by just Pillow Pet.) I am very surprised that Snowball is still white with all the traveling she has done.

They also have their little bears that they dressed in jammies that match their own jammies, but it is hard to tell in the picture.

From where did Hannah get this money? Well, mostly by getting dollars or five dollars in cash from grandparents and other relatives here and there. I have just now gotten on the ball for allowance and started their chore charts. I find it kind of easier to manage now that the girls can both mark off their own chores as they do them. They certainly have chores they do everyday and have for a long time, but I thought a chart would be a lot of work for me to keep up with, but I have been wrong. The only thing is a I need to laminate a chart for each of them so i don't have to keep printing new ones every week. More on the chore charts and allowances to come in a later post when I get my act together and make permanent charts.

No comments: