Saturday, May 21, 2011

Biggest Birthday Bash Ever!

We had a great turnout for Genna's party at my parent's house. In fact, the house was packed to the gills. Genevieve is so funny. She asked for this unicorn party at Mimi and Papa Boat's house and then told us that she wanted it to be a surprise. So anytime she would bring it up or people would talk about it. She would remind us that it's a surprise and ask us to hold on a minute while she forgot about it. Precious, precious girl!




So, this is the cake that she liked the best on the internet. She also asked for the unicorn to have a rainbow colored mane. So I came up with this...






She was dressed to the nines as she prefers. She told me multiple times throughout the party that it was the best party ever!







I didn't get many pictures from the party because I was busy visiting with family and friends that I have not seen in quite a while and hosting. We had tons of food- thanks to my mom, dad, and sister. All I did was the cake!

Opening presents was an event, to say the least, with 45 guests! She was sweet as pie, thanking everyone with hugs. Hannah kept everything organized for me while I wrote down what she got and from whom. When Genna opened a Rapunzel tower she turned to Hannah, put both hands on her face, and said, "Don't worry, Hannah, I'll share it with you." That was the best moment of the party for me. She is beautiful, inside and out!




This is Genna with her cousin, Jodi, who is the same age, but apparently quite a bit taller.





Super fun! I am glad the kids get to have family parties every now and then since that is something they miss out on living so far away from everyone.



No comments: