Friday, May 13, 2011

What is clean?

Well, that depends greatly on who you ask in this family!

Hannah would tell you that your hands are not clean until they have been washed with soap and water. She comes in the house to wash her hands if she touches sap or a mushroom or anything suspicious.

Genevieve would tell you that if they look clean and you can't taste anything on them then they are clean. Genna said to me the other day (during a picnic after Hannah realizes that she forgot to wash her hands,) "I can't taste any dirt, so I think mine were clean," as she is eating her wrap.

Isaac would tell you they are clean if they aren't sticky with peanut butter or chocolate. He asked me if he could please go taste some dirt after I said he needed his hands washed so he wouldn't have to taste the dirt on his hands with his lunch.

Its all in the perspective, I suppose.

No comments: