Monday, February 20, 2012

Bedtime Songs

Isaac still wants me to sing to him before he goes to sleep for nap and night times. He was hung up on "Rock-a-Bye I love you," an original song he changed from "Rock-a-Bye Baby," for a long time and then he switched to "Joy to the World" for all of Advent and Christmastime. After that came "Hush Little Baby." One night when I just finished singing the line, "And if that looking glass gets broke, Momma's gonna buy you a billy goat," he covered his ears. I stopped and asked if he didn't like my singing. He said, "No, I just don't want to hear the next part when something bad happens to the goat." I smiled and said, "Oh, you don't like it when the goat falls down? Well, we can fix that." So hence another song has been changed to fit my son's taste. The new version of the song continues, "And if that billy goat falls down and gets right back up, you'll still be the sweetest little boy in town."

No comments: