Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Drewy the Lil' Monster

Drew is very interested in the potty these days.  He wants me to read the potty books and he begs to be taken to the potty at restaurants when his siblings have to go.  I tell him, "Sorry, Buddy, you can practice that at home."  And so he has been.  I just have to include this adorable picture of him practicing sitting on the potty in the kitchen.  Hope it doesn't embarrass him too badly when he is all grown up!

Drew is definitely not really ready to potty train.  He is just starting to show interest in learning about it.  I am sure we are a long way off.  It doesn't hurt to read about it and sit on it from time to time.  Prep work for the real deal one day when he is closer to 2 1/2 years old.

Drew calls Isaac "Ite" which is adorable.  He has also been putting two words together for the last month or so.  The girls kept telling me he was saying "Get ball" for the longest time, but then he started adding more and more combinations.  I would say we are still on the one word communication more often than not, but at least we are moving in the right direction.  He is very good about adding hand motions or sound effects to help us know what he is talking about if we can't decipher what he is saying.  For example, he was saying "done" and pointing to the car.  I didn't know what he was talking about and when he realized I had no clue, he added a gun sound and shot a pretend gun with his hand.  He had seen a toy gun before I closed the van door.  He was saying "gun."  Another time he was saying "apple," but it didn't make sense in the context of the situation so I wasn't sure if that's what he was really saying.  He then points to Genna's teeth and says it again.  Then I made the connection that we had been just talking about Genna loosing her tooth and he remembered the time when she tried to bite into the apple to help her tooth come out.  He was the one in  the end that got to eat that apple.  Funny how he relates things!


No comments: