Monday, July 15, 2013

The Boys' Rooms

Saturday night we officially moved Drew into Isaac's room.  I need to paint the baby room before my parents get here and I want it free as a guest room this summer so out he went.  I figured they would need the summer to get used to the new arrangement.


So far it has been fine and the only downfall I see is that Drew is waking Isaac up every morning when Isaac used to sleep in from time to time to catch up on his sleep since he doesn't nap really anymore.

I had Brian remove the closet doors that always got stuck and we moved the shrunk from Germany into the enclave.  The rocking chair will be back int he baby room once we need it in there or once Drew needs it less.  I still read to Drewy in the rocking chair before naps and bed times.

I can already see the benefits of it though.  I think the boys are getting closer, and Drew loves to play in his new room since that's where all the boy toys are.

Here's my sleepy head at the end of a good long nap.  I wake him these days at 4pm most of the time.  He gets a good 3 hour nap in if we are home in time for him to start his nap at 1pm like he is supposed to.  The horse is his special "Neigh Neigh" that he sleeps with, but he is not rattled if we can't find him one day.
I hang the blankets because Drew was not used to a night light and Isaac is not okay without one.  The blankets kind of make the light not so "in his face." 

The baby's room is in progress right now.  The room painting is complete, but I have a lot of work to do and a few things for Brian to do to get it "baby ready."

The bassinet was a hand-me-down fom our neighbors, and it is going to be the only crib he has until he is too big for it.  I guess then we'll have to dig out the old drop-side recalled crib from the basement.  I expect it will be in our room for a month or so.

I have all the newborn (0-3 month) clothes in his drawers and put the 3-6 month clothes in the closet, hung up and in the canvas bins.  Tad's potential coming home outfit is hanging on the closet door.

The room is a gray color to go with the gray, yellow, turquoise color scheme.  I got the duvet cover from Land of Nod.  I am working on two blankets, some hanging embroidery hoops, and a mobile for Tad right now, you know, in all my spare time.  I only have 5 weeks until due date so I need to get this stuff done.  I am also working on his Christmas stocking, but I have no false illusions that it will actually be finished by the time he is born.  I have my doubts it will even be ready by Advent.  I am also in the throws of making my lesson plans for the school year.  I am homeschooling three kids this year if you can believe it!

No comments: