Saturday, July 27, 2013

What's Happening?

A lot and not much, all at the same time.  There are so many adorable moments throughout our day, but my tired pregnant mommy brain doesn't seem to be able to hold onto them long enough to get them on this blog lately.

This week the three big kids went to VBS at a neighboring parish every morning until lunchtime.  They LOVED it!  When I would pick them up, they all tried to tell me everything they did at the same time.  Super cute, although not very effective since I caught very few details the first time around.  They sang songs and made tons of crafts.
Ready for the first day of VBS!

The kids had to bring water bottles to VBS so Drew insisted on having a water bottle as well.

Drew was super sad to leave them (and to be left out of the fun- he totally wanted to stay in Ite's (AKA Isaac's) classroom) the first day, but he got better each day once he got the routine down and figured out that it meant lots of mommy time.  I spent two days running errands and two days fixing up the homeschool room.

The other morning was spent at the doctor's office since I am down to the weekly appointments now.  Can you believe I am 3 weeks away from my due date and that this baby is the size of a watermelon?  I can believe the watermelon part, but how can I possibly be at the end of my pregnancy?  The baby's room is not ready.  My lesson plans are not completed.  I have badges to sew on vests, mending to do, a birthday party to plan and make happen.  Haircuts!  We all need our pre-baby haircuts.  So little time, so much to do, and so big a watermelon I must carry as I do it.  You should see my computer desk.  It is surrounded by homeschool books all opened and stacked so that I can work on my detailed lesson plans in every spare moment in which I haven't collapsed on the couch.  I don't know how I got so behind.  This is supposed to be the part where I get to just be uncomfortable and chill, not have to cram for the baby's arrival.  Okay, mini panic attack over...Reality check.  My babies are nearly always late, so I still have time.  Probably.

In other news, Hannah got a sty in her eye and had a major melt down over going to piano when "she didn't feel good."  I was a mean mom and made her go anyway.  I felt badly the whole time and then the minute we walked in the door at home she declares that she actually "feels much better."  I didn't even have my shoes off yet.
Genna sang us a beautiful song one morning about what a great day it was going to be and how the next one would be even better.
Isaac has been grounded indefinitely from TV until he can consistently show first time obedience and respect for a couple of days in a row.  He got a spanking from Daddy one night and the next day he was a "new man."  I made a huge deal out of how well he behaved that day, and he said, "I think I need spankings from Dad more often so he can send the obedience back up to my head."  Isaac is also super close to riding his bike without training wheels all on his own.  He is also swimming pretty well.  He just needs to master that side breathing.
Drew had a fever last week of 104, but has been healthy this week.  He is not eating super well these days, but I suppose that is timed about right since he is almost two.  He is currently obsessed with dinosaurs, bats, balls, swords, bikes, and motorcycles.  He loves to swim all over the pool in his puddle jumper (his flotation device) and is no longer nervous about the swimming pool at all which means more work for me, but I am glad he is such a brave soul.  He is super dramatic and quite the comedian.  Where are all these outgoing kids coming from?
Daddy has been studying 10 hours a day for his board exams, but has still made time to play baseball with the boys, go to the pool for a self-declared family fun night, and to help me with a few details in the baby's room.  We have still not come up with a name for Baby Tad, but it isn't entirely his fault.  I am clinging to my favorite name as if my life depended on it.

We have baking to do, a special visitor coming this weekend, a daddy/husband who still has 10 more hours of studying to do this weekend, Chemistry experiments to catch up on, posters to make for AHG badges, and the list just goes on.  So here comes another busy weekend where I am going to get a late start on since I am up at 12:30am when I should be sleeping while I still can.  So good night!  My memory foam mattress is calling my name.

No comments: