Friday, March 7, 2014

Moving on up!

 Judah is 6 + months and had his well check this week.  Last Monday he had his first taste of food.  Since Drew got so constipated after starting food, I opted to start with peas and then prunes.  The first day went okay, but the next evening he was pitching a fit about it, so he only had about 5 bites.  The next day he did much better and seemed to eat happily, but he is eating very small amounts before he starts pulling his bib off.  He wins the prize for the kid to pull his bib off the earliest.  He does it multiple times during every meal so far.

Peas!
Judah is sitting better and rolling both ways now.  He is still swaddled and on his back most of the time at night since he just seems super content that way.  Even if he is majorly not happy, the minute I swaddle him up he closes his eyes and calms down.

Big sis helping mom out with the fussy guy.
 Judah's had a rough month and I am hoping better times are acomin' for him.  He's just not happy a good portion of the day.  The worst part is just that he doesn't want anything other than me to carry him around in my arms, not even for me to wear him in the wrap, ergo, or sling.  He's heavy now, so if he would just let me wear him, it would be so much easier.

Judah playing on the floor next to daddy (off camera) while he set up my new vacuum.  I have had the same vacuum since we first got married and it was time for a new one.  I got the Shark Rocket Lightweight.  It seems great so far and is super versatile.  The best part is that it can go up and down the stair easily.

Judah is learning to sit better in the last week or so.  He still always pushes back or goes forward onto his tummy when he can't reach his toys anymore.

He seems to like it a lot more than being flat.
At his check up he weighed just shy of 19.8 lbs and was 27 1/4 inches long.  He's still the smallest boy, but certainly doesn't seem so with his giant belly and roly poly legs.  He had a few issues that I addressed with the doctor (not our regular doctor this time).  He has a rash on his trunk and back of his neck that has been there since shortly after his 4 month check up (2 weeks late).  The doctor recommended changing laundry detergents since I had already tried eliminating scented soaps/lotions and using Eucerin cream.  He also had a skin reaction to yogurt both times I tried it.  So she recommended holding off on dairy for a while.  Then I found an activated lymph node at the back of his neck a few days before his appointment.  She told me to keep an eye on it and come back if it is not gone or decreased in size in a few weeks, if it gets bigger, or I find more.
His yogurt reaction

No comments: