Saturday, August 6, 2016

Long Overdue Celebration

We had Isaac's First Holy Communion in Italy and then we had one trip after another which brought us to a very overdue party for this monumental event in his life.  We had a few families come over for a big meal and a special cake.  The inspiration for the cake was, if you can even believe it, not found on Pinterest.  It came from the design on our Holy Water font.

Random and bad picture of our new Holy water font that we bought in Orvieto days before his First Communion.  The symbol of an A intertwined with an M is for "Auspice Maria"in Latin which means, "Under the protection of Mary."

Under the protection of Mary, seemed like the perfect theme for my sweet boy's cake.  As usual, I was not as pleased with the results as I had hoped, but I took heart in the knowledge that my kids all really liked it.




We ate outside since it was a beautiful day.  Brian grilled chicken, hamburgers, and brats.  I made a lasagna, a BLT salad, corn on the cob, watermelon, and had hummus with carrots and chips out before.  It was a lot of food, but it was for a lot of kids.  It was very relaxing considering I was hosting.




No comments: