Friday, January 19, 2018

A Christmas Gift for the Girls


All the girls have been wanting since we found out we were moving to Germany has been to dye their hair a fashion color.  I had a bit of sticker shock after I did my blue last year and so was putting this off, but then we won't be here that much longer, so I decided to make it their Christmas present from their dad and me.  It has been a much enjoyed and long lasting gift for Christmas!  The boys have lost parts of their gifts and broken things already, but this has actually been worth it.


They got to spend half a day at the salon with my hairdresser working on them together.  I was able to drop in and run out to keep the boys busy with friends and such so they didn't all have to sit at the salon all day.  Nobody would have wanted that! 


Hannah chose purple, but it turned out a little pinkish purple.  Don't tell her that though because she is not a fan of pink.  She does love her hair though!  I was hoping to see fewer ponytails and more braids and hair down on her, but, alas, the pigtail hangs behind her. 



Genevieve chose blue streaks and she loves it.  I also got her a little bit of layers in her hair cut too.  She is happy with it too!  Her hair didn't take as well, so we actually went back at the request of my hairdresser to do another foil to get it darker the next week.  It looks a little more navy now than in this picture.  It really brings out her eyes and goes well with her new blue robe that she got from her Mimi which has become her new "uniform" when at home until the second we leave when she trades it for a coat.


No comments: