Monday, January 29, 2018

Funny Catechism Lesson


This boy!  Drew is fiery, all boy, and great at math and science.  He can be super sweet, but it's in his own timing.  He's funny and always lands on his feet.  I can hardly wait to see what becomes of him, but I also am savoring this time when he wants mommy to tuck him in and "hug him out."  (FYI  "Hugging out" is what we do when his clothes feel all itchy and uncomfortable, particularly when layers are involved.  I hug and rub him down all over the itchy parts.)

I was trying to get him ready for a slightly early First Communion in Florence next September, but when we were recently informed that the Army is moving us this summer back to the states, that plan was squashed.  Our Italy trip was moved up to this January and there wasn't enough time, or maturity, to do it then.  But we are still working on his preparation during our homeschool time in the afternoons.  

One day we were talking about confession and how one of the requirements to go to confession is that you resolve or intend to not commit that sin again.  He said, "See this is why I need my own phone."  When questioned just how that means that he needs a phone, he replied that he forgets a lot and he needs to tell Google to remind him."  

I asked for clarification, "You want a phone so it can remind you not to sin?"

"Yeah, would that work?"

Oh, how I wish it were that easy!  What a creative guy!  I love to laugh with these little people.

No comments: