Friday, January 5, 2018

Teenager in Da House *edited with the cake

This girl woke up and just like that she was a teenager.  Thirteen is going to interesting.  Hannah has that special spot as our personal guinea pig as we learn as we go in navigating this whole parenting thing.   Just look how very grown up she looks.  Sniff.  Sniff.


I'll always remember the moment she was born and the doctor held her up.  She had her blue eyes wide open and had a beautiful head full of dark curly hair.  And she was huge!  I couldn't believe  I was finally a mother.  And then she cried and cried and cried.  We've had our good days and our bad, but I love her everyday.


Her 13 year old privilege was to be able to have caffeine, so this is her with her very first cup of coffee. 


After church, a basketball game for her sister, and helping a sick friend out, we found time to open gifts and go to dinner at her choice of restaurant.  She wanted Chinese and so her daddy found a Chinese buffet for her.  Everyone found something to eat there and all kids were happy with the ice cream and chocolate fountain for dessert.



Hannah had asked for me to draw her a Zentangle panda bear for part of her birthday gift, so how could I resist that request?


Happy birthday, to my little Mini Me!  


*I forgot to mention the cake issues.  One was we were coming back from the cave market trip the day before her birthday, and before that we'd been dealing with Thanksgiving and my illness, etc. so I had not even thought about a cake for her.  She brought it up on the drive home from Holland and I was appalled at myself for forgetting all about that part of her birthday.  So I told her that I'd make one the next weekend and we would take it to Mass for the hospitality afterwards because her best friends would all be there.  She asked for a cake with her name and age on it and decorated with candy.  I made that for her, BUT I forgot to take a picture of it until it was half eaten.  I know, Mother of the Year, huh?  So here it is half eaten...

It was pretty.  I promise.  :(

No comments: