Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Advent Project #1


Here is Jesus' crib. I made it out of construction paper and a shoe box. We are going to use yarn (in the mug) instead of hay to fill up baby Jesus' bed and make it soft for Him on Christmas morning. The girls get to put a piece of yarn into the crib when they do something kind, loving, obedient, or anything else that would make Jesus happy during the Advent season. I put a black little pillow in the bottom to help them out because I fear it will not be very full by Christmas. I hope I am underestimating them, but they are 1 1/2 and 3yrs old and it is a big shoe box...


Hopefully, I can get more Advent projects in this year. I am going to save the Jesse tree for next year. http://www.shalfleet.net/advent/makeajessetree.htm I was just a bit late for it this year. Hannah's birthday and Thanksgiving keep me occupied every year until the last minute before Advent. I get going so early on shopping (and then there's Christmas cards) so I can devote time to Advent activities, but I need to do the prep work and shopping for the activities as early next year.

Below is a picture of Hannah hiding under the table from Genna and I. I just thought it was cute. She loves to play hide and seek, but her hiding places leave something to be desired.


Genna is cuddling in my lap right now after a mere 30 minute nap. That has been the pattern these days. She sleeps in in the morning until I wake her at 9am though so I probably shouldn't complain. However, I am starting to get tired already, and I know the further into this pregnancy I get the more I am going to want a nap in the afternoon. And 30 minutes will not do it for me.

No comments: