Saturday, December 15, 2007

It's funny how you forget...

what it feels like to be pregnant. I have been so tired and unmotivated. Plus, I have been living on crackers and chicken soup for the most part because it seems to be all I can stomach most of the time. Then there's the whole joint loosening thing. In the first trimester, I always wake up with my back out of place or a crick in my neck. However, despite all the minor aches and pains of pregnancy, I love it!

So, there hasn't been much going on because of my lack of motivation. I am very disappointed that I couldn't pull off more Advent activities this year, but you do what you can do I guess. At least we are pretty ready for Christmas! I've got some fun foods planned that I am going to try to make even if I don't end up eating them. And I have hopes of doing a Christmas morning reenactment of the nativity with the girls before we open baby Jesus(we wrap him up to be the first gift opened) and put him in the manger. Hannah's got the story down pretty well now after many many nights of reading it to her. She even knows that Jesus was born in Bethlehem. Genna is not quite as aware, but she did start saying parts of the Hail Mary with me recently and points to our nativity scene and says "Jesus" all the time. I keep reminding her that he's not in there yet, but he will be Christmas morning.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Awww...hang in there! I (and my husband!) am always so surprised at how much energy I get after I am finished with the first trimester...and then the whole nesting thing. I think you make up for all the letting things go eventually. Just do what is best for Mommy now and it will pass soon!