Friday, December 21, 2007

Ultrasound

I had my first ultrasound today. The baby and I are doing great! The baby did measure about a week younger than they told me before, but I had suspected that anyways. They did not change my due date because the difference was insignificant enough. My blood work was all good too! The only thing the doctor was a bit concerned about was the size of my past babies increasing from 8 lbs 4oz (1 week overdue) to 8 lbs 11 oz (a few days early) which obviously concerns me too. I do not want to give birth to a 9 or 10 lb baby if it can be avoided. I did not gain too much weight with either of them, but I am still going to try to be even more careful this time. She suspects diabetes may be a problem, but I've never tested positive before. My mom was diagnosed after her third baby though.

I am putting a picture of the baby in his/her spot to the right under Genna's picture. Hannah said her baby brother looks like "a little tiny nut." Genna was saying, "baby", but I don't think she gets it just yet. I am sure she will by the end though, which will be new to me since Hannah still had no clue. She thought Genna was one of her baby dolls. Genna sure did act like one of them, laying around and sleeping all day where ever you put her.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Yay! I hope things continue to go smoothly!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait

MOM

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful.

Joe