Sunday, December 30, 2007

Interlaken, Switzerland

We took a trip the day after Christmas for a few days in Switzerland with Gigi and Poppy. They were here the whole week, and it was wonderful having family around for the holidays. The girls especially enjoyed all the attention! Hannah was pretty sad this morning when she woke up to find they had already left for the airport.

Back to Switzerland, it was beautiful, however, it was so very expensive I can't even believe it. I mean almost $70 for a small lunch. Just ridiculous! I had heard it was expensive, but I thought it was expensive like here in Germany. I didn't know it could get more expensive than this. I guess I am a cheapskate after all.

The room rate at the hotel was reasonable though and it was even a nice hotel. We were right next to the church in town , and we were reminded of that on the quarter hour all day and all night long when the bell rang. There was a beautiful river in front of the hotel and the Alps all around it. Genna loved the river, and kept asking to take a bath in it. Obviously, that didn't happen for lots of reasons. Here is a picture of the hotel...


...and the river in front is better seen in the next picture.

Here is a couple examples of the beauty of Switzerland:

The girls did great most of the time considering how we were dragging them all over. Genna, however, only wanted me to carry her when it was Hannah's turn for a rest in the stroller. She's a whopping 25 lbs now and, with the hills and me being pregnant and tired, it was not an easy feat. Here is a picture of the sad puppy dog face I got from her when Gigi (or anyone) tried to carry her. If it had stayed at that, I might have been able to resist, but then she started crying and reaching for me too and it wasn't pleasant for anybody. She is such a Mommy's girl. She would play with Gigi and Poppy, but she just didn't want them to carry her around much.

Hannah had a great time in the snow on the mountain! She also loved watching the para gliders, and clapped fiercely every time one landed. Genna was pooped by this time, so Daddy took Hannah to play in the snow, slide down the hills...

...and make snow angels...

...but then she had enough!

She had barely said a word to Brian about being cold, but upon seeing me she burst into tears saying she wanted to go home and she was too cold. (I guess she was being a tough little soldier for her Daddy.) She had a million layers on, but it turns out her socks got wet. We took her back to the hotel and she slept an hour like a log until I woke her up for dinner.

We didn't ski even though I am sure my husband would have loved to (no one else in the group was up for it). We just saw the sights, looked at Swiss Army knives and watches, and ate some good food like Alpkase (cheese).

No comments: