Saturday, January 12, 2008

Another ER notch in my Mommy Belt!

We are getting ready to leave for Italy in a couple days, so I have a lot to do and shouldn't even be blogging. So I must keep it as brief as possible. In Mass this morning Brian held Genna's hand as she tried to stand on the kneeler when we all stood up. Well, she immediately started screaming and saying, "Daddy hurt arm!" over and over. Poor Brian! I had to take her out. She only calmed down for moments during the remaining Mass and only if I held her arm perfectly still. It was the same arm that just got the cast off of it, so we were concerned even though we couldn't figure out what could have happened to it since he was just helping her up a step basically. We decided to try pain medicine, wrapping it up with an ace bandage, and putting her down for a nap. Four hours later when she got up, it still hurt her for me even to touch it. So, ER here we come AGAIN! She was in miserable pain until the X-ray. She was mysteriously healed during the X-ray! She was using her arm immediately after she came out. The doctor looked at the X-rays and said it was a dislocated elbow that was inadvertently put back into place during the X-rays. There is a certain way you have to move the arm to get it back into place (it's not horrible like a shoulder would be) and the X-ray tech moved her arm that way to get the pictures taken. Thank God it was an easy fix because, as I said before, we are leaving the country in a few days for a long awaited trip!!! And we have enough going against us at the moment. Brian isn't feeling well, and our dog is sick too. Other than being riddled with anxiety all day worrying about my girl, I am doing well. One more week until I am home free and out of this trimester!

No comments: