Monday, March 17, 2008

One day at a time...

Well, we have 11 days until Brian returns, and we are counting down the days. I think it has been harder on us all this time since in the 2 months we have been able to talk to him only a handful of times. Hannah is asking for her dad daily; and, as it so often does, everything seems to be going wrong at the worst time. Genna has finally started sleeping better (i.e. one full night without crying/waking up), but I almost hate to say anything because, as a mom of 2 young ones, you never know what the night holds. However, Genna has developed a nasty cough and a runny nose. I am still way behind on my sleep which leaves me a little less patient and tolerant. My phone is broken (which is causing me much isolation), and I am trying to buy a mini van this week (something I would have loved for my husband to be in charge of.) I went to the OBGYN today, and she looked at me like I was nuts for wanting more kids since apparently one is enough for her to handle at the moment and she can't even wrap her head around having 3 under the age of 4. She looked at me with such pity when she realized that I wanted more children and yet my varicose veins are like that of a "40 year old woman on her 5th pregnancy" (her exact words) instead of the 29 year old woman on my 3rd pregnancy that I am. She suggested that I look into surgery before my next pregnancy instead of waiting until I am through having children like they normally recommend.

Here we are at the beginning of Holy Week, and I have so many things distracting me it's not even funny. I wish I was better at joining my sufferings with Christ.

On a more positive note, I may have found a great deal on an entire set of used German baby furniture! I have a line from some song going through my head right now... "Always look on the bright side of your life."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be from Monty Python's The Life of Brian, my dear, and I can't tell you how proud it makes me that the song was in your head...