Sunday, May 4, 2008

Brief update on baby Isaac!

On Friday, I had another 4D ultrasound and Isaac has been given a clean bill of health! We had to have a few extra detailed ultrasounds because the radiologist thought he saw a spot in his heart the first time on the still pictures the tech provided him with, but it turns out there's nothing there. It has been such a blessing to get to see him grow and develop and even see a bit of his personality during all theses ultrasounds.

We finally got a couple good 4D pictures of his face with a bit of coaxing. He was facing my spine and so it was very hard to catch a glimpse of him that way. The doctor had me lay on my side for a bit and then back on my back to get him to move, and it worked! I will post those pictures very soon. I have to get them scanned. The doctor said right away that it looks like he has my nose. I am getting so very excited to meet my little boy face to face!

Brian and the girls got to go to this ultrasound, and that was another blessing! Hannah just talked nonstop to the doctor and nurses from the moment we got to the check-in desk until we left. I mean she was telling them her whole life story with a "Once upon a time" intro and everything! Genna was throwing in her two cents when Hannah would take a breath. Isaac had his hands over his ears when the doctor first looked at his head and the doctor said, "He's covering his ears. I think he's getting ready for life with his sisters." Ha ha! I then told him how I am hoping this little boy doesn't talk quite so much. He said he was pretty sure the girls wouldn't give him a chance. How funny!

Today was Genevieve's birthday party, so I am exhausted! We had a busy weekend, but I will have to catch up tomorrow with the blog. I am going to bed!

2 comments:

Rich said...

i'm sure that's a huge load off your mind. i'll have to tell richie his prayers were answered.

tell the birthday girl howdy!

Becca said...

Praise God for the great report!!