Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Nursery In Progress

This is FAR from finished, but it's got the basic necessities in it, like the furniture, toys, and even some clothes. Because the room is so large, I am dividing the room into a nursery and a guest room with two guest beds and a little chest of drawers (which is hidden behind the shrank.) A shrank is a German armoire since they generally do not have closet's over here. The cribs are much lower which is why I wanted a German one. I am so tired of lifting the baby over the high American crib rails or lowering and raising them which sometimes wakes the baby up. I have ordered the bedding and the pictures for the walls, but it will be awhile before it all gets here. The theme of the room is centered around my favorite Van Gogh paintings. (Hannah's room was centered around Degas' ballet paintings and Genna's room is centered around Monet's landscape and floral paintings.) The colors of the rooms will be from the paintings: blues, greens, and yellows. I have a lot of work to do!

The crib and glider

The changing table/dressers and hanging shelves

The shrank and one guest bed (in the background)

The bookshelf and toy corner (For the toy corner I ordered a Krabbeldecke which is a thick blanket for the floor, like a pallet, that matches the bedding.)

No comments: