Thursday, May 1, 2008

A prayer for mom

After I was urging her relentlessly to hurry and finish picking up her dolls (and, yes, I was being a bit snippy and sarcastic,) Hannah turns to me and says, "I think we need to say a prayer for mom because she is being a bit mean today." I cracked up laughing because she was so right and said in such a nice way. I am feeling a bit like a whale these days and getting a little irritable by the end of the day, but that's no excuse!

Right after this we were getting ready for bed, and she came up to me and caressed my face (her trademark nurturing gesture) and said, "Mommy, I will always be here for you, and God will always be here for you too." What a sweetheart I have!

I've posted a lot today, when I have a million things to do for Genna's party and the rest of our upcoming busy weekend. I just know if I didn't post this now, that I would forget all about it.

No comments: