Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Summary of Prague

Well, we met some friends in Prague and stayed for a long weekend in a rented out apartment.
Chris and Elizabeth

Jeff

Brian had been here before, but since it was new to all of us he served as our tour guide. The girls did not do as well as they usually do on trips. They were pretty feisty and cranky at times, but managed the LONG car ride there and back and the restaurant scene pretty well. I did better than I thought I would with the walking (especially the uphill trek to the Castle,) but the kids were wearing on me a bit.

Prague was nice, a little dirty, but otherwise an attractive city. I'm more of a country girl as far as vacations go. I prefer the mountain scenery over the city sights. The food surprised me a bit by exceeding my expectations. I wasn't expecting to enjoy the cuisine since I had read it is very meaty and starchy. However it turned out to be pretty good and had more of a selection than most of the German restaurants do. We searched all over for sausage kolaches, but only found fruit kolaches and sausages wrapped in a croissant which were both good.

The main things we saw were the medieval Prague Castle and Cathedral, Wenceslas Square, Old Town Square and its astronomical clock. The astronomical clock drew quite the crowd every hour when a skeleton would ring a bell and the apostles would parade across a window.

The strangest thing we saw was a man with a pet rat walking around on top of a sleeping pit bull. He drew a crowd! Here's a picture.

Hannah got a big group of tourists to give her a round of applause after an improv photo shoot in front of a fountain. She even bowed for them afterwards. What a ham! I wish I could put her in a comedy class instead of ballet.

I am still working on the captions in my Picasa web album for the pictures, but they are coming! It has been very busy around here lately, but it should slow down after the weekend.

No comments: