Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Nursery!

The nursery is mostly ready! I have a star lamp (missing a light bulb) to hang on the wall, but that is it. Isaac's diaper bag is even packed. The theme of all my nurseries has been based off of famous painters. Isaac's painter is Van Gogh. The paintings I chose are "Starry Night," "First Steps: After Millet," Starry Night over the Rhine," and "The Church at Auvers." I picked pale yellow, light blue, dark blue, and sage/Army green to draw out of the paintings to use in the room. I painted each matt one of those colors as well.

I found used German furniture and found some German bedding with the pale yellow and light blue for the crib and the "crawl blanket" (called a Krabeldecke in German.) The duck in the crib is the knitted stuffed animal that we got in Belgium.


The floor blanket is in the corner in the next picture. I found some camo pieces with the same colors in them too, like the Boppy cover in the next picture.


Then I painted the letters in Isaac's name in light blue with dark blue sides.


The crucifix in the next picture (above the door) is from our trip to Florence, Italy.


I guess that's it. Here is a picture of the book shelf with the baby toys in the corner, and a picture of the room from a different angle. It's hard to keep books in his room. The girls keep running off with them, except for the really baby-ish ones.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Isaac's room looks really good! I've been waiting to see it!! :)

Rich said...

Wow! You're all set. You just need the kid.

Becca said...

Looks great! You never fail to impress me...1 month pre-Isaac and all ready! I love the furniture you chose (and your painters theme is so original! someone really should market sets with that theme)