Thursday, January 15, 2009

The First Supper


Two days ago, Isaac had his first meal...rice cereal, of course. He is just not sleeping like he used to. So, although with the girls I didn't feel they needed to start solids for the calories at this age, I am starting to suspect that he might. After all, he is heavier than the girls were at a year at his current barely 5 months of age. He loved the sippy cup of water! He seemed to like the cereal a lot, but he insists on helping me with th spoon. He won't even open his mouth unless his hand is on the spoon. So, it makes for a messy dinner! (The pictue above was taken after I cleaned myself and Isaac up. I'll try to remember to get a picture before cleaning him up next time.) Daddy wouldn't be able to handle the mess, I am sure. :) Brian was always wiping the girls' hands and face in between bites. Hannah has turned out just like him and can't stand to get dirty. She took one look at Isaac and said, "I not kissing that face again!" I'm sure she'll change her mind since this face is pretty irresistable when clean...
Here are a couple of bedtime fairies...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

random thought inspired by talking of how Isaac won't open his mouth unless his hand is on the spoon...
do ya ever switch hands, indirectly causing him to switch hands too?
i'm really keen on bilateral motor skills development :)

Unknown said...

also...
they're so adorable!