Sunday, January 4, 2009

Only one kid can cry at a time.

That's my husband's rule that he tries desperately to enforce when he's home. The other night he was talking to the girls before bed on the phone, and then I was trying to talk to him a minute before tucking the girls into bed. Hannah started crying, and then Genna started crying for reasons not too clear to me. Brian tells me to tell them to remember Daddy's rule that only one kid can cry at a time. Genna looks up at me through tear-stained eyes and says, "Hannah can cry." She wipes her tears away and that was that!

4 comments:

Jeff said...

I like that rule. Simple. :)

Becca said...

that is too cute..
and I think that will have to be implemented in our future. good thinking brian!

Traca said...

That is so cute! (Great rule, too!)

Kelle said...

I, actually, am not for this rule 100%. Although it is loud and difficult for a few moments when this happens, I'd rather get it all out of the way at once. Except for when we are in public, then I'd rather have only one to deal with at a time. :)

Kelle