Sunday, July 26, 2009

St. Genevieve


That’s who she was named after, but lately she has been acting, umm, less than saintly. Sweet girl is really struggling with her feelings lately and really missing her daddy. She’s been acting out in uncharacteristic ways for a while now. Now she is missing her Mimi too. I have been trying to identify ways that help her to deal with her feelings and also trying to give her more one on one time. One thing I have learned about my Genna is that touch is very important to her to help her get over anger or hurt feelings. Hugging, kissing, or even just holding hands with her sister seems to suddenly set her right after an argument.

We read a story about St. Therese of the Child Jesus the other day early on in the day. As I was tucking her into bed after a long and difficult day with her, she says to me, “Mom, St. Therese wants to help us get to Heaven.” Thank you, God, for ending our challenging day with such a beautiful piece of hope!

No comments: