Saturday, May 29, 2010

Emeril LIVE!

I got to see Emeril today, but I was about 30 people shy of getting my cookbook signed even though I got there an hour before it started and waited the three hours of signing time. Poor guy, he must have been exhausted! I bet they sold at least 1000 of his cookbooks this week at the mall, and he probably signed more than 600 by my estimation. Some people had a dozen books for him to sign. They should have limited it to two books per person so more people got a shot at it. He did a cooking demo after the signing. Here are a couple of the pictures that I took.

He cooked Roasted Cauliflower, Asparagus, and Grilled Pork chops. Looked and smelled delicious! The recipes for the vegetables are in his new book, Farm to Fork, which I apparently could have purchased much cheaper on Amazon.

In hind sight, I should have gotten a babysitter since Brian is out of town. The kids were so done by the time the demonstration started. I didn't get to pay close attention to the program, but it was fun just being there and hearing the occasional "Bam!" despite the squirmy, overly-tired toddler on my lap. It was worth it since it was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity. Along side Martha Stewart, he is one of my favorites!

No comments: