Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Birthday Bags

I made these totes out of clothes I got at a thrift store. They were inspired by the pillowcase totes on The Sewing Dork, but I had no luck finding cool pillowcases. Soooo...
This one is for my sister-in-law. She loves polka dots and so I grabbed some satin polka dotted PJs and a coordinating brown linen skirt and turned it into this...





This one is for my sister. I used an XL white tank and an XL red and white floral skirt to make this...

I added fabric flowers to the top to cover the stitch up form when I sewed the straps together.
Happy birthday, Leah and Kristen!
Another thing off my summer list checked off! I am moving right along. Isaac's stocking is moments away from being finished...finally!

1 comment:

Almudena said...

I love these!!!!