Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sir Topham Hat


Isaac is big into pretending now, which I love. Last week he yelled at imaginary monsters, "Go 'way, monsters, and never ever see you again!" He really likes books with monsters or dragons in it. He has a book that we read every single day at least one time called Thomas and Percy and the Dragon. My mom has a lot of those monster in your closet or under your bed kind of books by Mercer Mayer and we read them a million times while we were there. Don't know what the attraction is exactly.

Last week he also pretended to be Sir Topham Hat (from Thomas the Train, for those of you who don't know.) When he was pretending to be Sir Topham Hat, he first told me who he was and then ran off pushing a stroller. (He has sisters, you know!) He came back around and said, "Hi, Mommy!" I responded with a "Hi, Isaac!" That is when he said very dramatically, as if I should have known, "No, Mommy! I am Sir Topham Hat!" We went through this scenario a few times, because I kept giving an automatic response since I was distracted. When is Mommy ever going to get it?

No comments: