Sunday, August 1, 2010

Snow Cones


I have racked my brain and can not recall my kids ever having a snow cone before! Really! I guess when you live in colder climates, they just aren't a big thing. Ice cream is everywhere in Europe, but I don't recall seeing snow cones even at carnivals and festivals. So unless my husband has a revelation or someone else we know and remembers a time when they had them, this past Thursday was their first snow cones ever.

I know you are all screaming at the computer right now, "What flavors did they pick?!" Well, that was the most fun part if you ask me! I had no idea that all those goofy, nondescript names could bring children such joy. Hannah settled on Hannah Montana flavor which was really cherry-flavored wedding cake. She really barely knows who Hannah Montana is. People call her that and a friend at German school talked about her all the time. I digress. Genna chose wedding cake flavor since she wants to be a "marrying girl" someday. Isaac chose Tiger's Blood because he liked the name I guess. His was the best actually.

Some runner-up flavors were Cotton Candy, Shirley Temple, and Bubble Gum. I love summer!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This sounds like a fun memory and I love their revealing selections. :)