Monday, August 9, 2010

We're here!

I unpacked my very last box today (Aug 13th) and our computer is fixed. So as a reward to myself I am back posting!

Our first day (Friday) of travel was wonderfully smooth! The children were as good as I could have hoped for. Seriously, my dream car trip. And we made an eleven hour trip in exactly twelve hours. Woo hoo! It was probably due to my lap desks that I made them for the trip. (The magnet games were a hit too.)

It couldn't possibly be due to the DVD players I bought at Sam's for the trip...


Then we stayed with our wonderful friends (from our time in upstate New York) in Huntsville, Alabama for two nights and one day. We had a great time! I was too busy enjoying the company to bother with many pictures, but here are a few.


The second and final day (Saturday) was also supposed to be an eleven hour trip and we made it in thirteen hours. We had a rougher time, but still not too bad. We lost most of our time due to poorly planned gas stops and potty breaks being optional and not forced. I should know better by now. When one goes, we all have to go! Anyway, we had a few tears this day, probably due to being overly tired after playing too hard with their old friends. I was out of patience by the time we rolled into our new driveway and met my sweet husband who had so lovingly dug out sheets and made beds for everyone. Sunday, after Mass, my mom and I got straight to unpacking. You just can't live with boxes all over and the kids were dying to find their long missed toys that, and I quote, "took a long long time on the ship" to get here. We got the girls' room and Isaac's room all set up that day so they would feel more comfortable and be entertained while we continued in the unpacking fest.

No comments: