Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Soccer Decision

Hannah always said that soccer was a boy game and she had no interest in playing. However, after our mini soccer lesson back during B week and they announced at church the extended deadline for registration, she said she wasn't sure. So we were discussing as a family what she was unsure about and it comes out. The truth I already suspected, she wasn't sure about the clothes she would have to wear. Figures. My little princess doesn't like clothes that are tight, itchy, have buttons or zippers, have layers, or are puffy. And the list goes on. We make her wear things she doesn't like sometimes since her list is very limiting. She didn't want to have to wear the shin guards, thick and long socks, and tennis shoes for two hours a week. We talked her through that issue and said it is only 6 or 7 weeks and only a couple of hours a week. She agreed to try it for one season and see if she liked it. Here's my soccer girl!

Ok, so she needed a pre-game pep talk since the shin guard-sock-shoe combo didn't feel good. But she is a cutie despite the pouting.

Warm-up time

She ran a ton!

She tried her best!

She is a little timid, and we will have to work on being a little more aggressive. I think she thought they were supposed to share the ball with her so she could have a turn too. I guess I have to explain this is the only time she is allowed to take things away from someone else, huh?

She had fun, at least until the last thirty seconds when she got the ball kicked into her stomach. That was a bummer, but a learning experience also.

Genna and Isaac are chomping at the bit to play soccer one day as well. I hope some of them play sports long term because I love being a soccer mom! I bet my parents are looking at these pictures think it brings them back to when I played soccer. I think I looked just like this little girl with blond braids running around in a pack of kids trying to learn to play soccer. Go #10!

No comments: