Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring for a day!

Yesterday we had our one and only true spring day so far. It has still been coat weather until then, and it is back to it again today with more rain and cold. However, it got into the low eighties yesterday for a brief moment in time. Our weekend got rained out, I guess you could say. Almost all or plans got canceled and the kids were sick of disappointment so we decided to do something spontaneous on Monday afternoon. We met Brian downtown and went to look at the famous Cherry Blossoms. It turned out to be a ton of walking for the kids and I, being out of shape from winter. Hannah thought she was going to collapse, she claimed toward the end. Out of desperation and starvation we ate at a Tapas Bar on the patio. Not the kind of place I would normally take the kids to, but they were too tired to keep walking and I was too hungry by 7pm. They ate ham croquettes and potato and egg omelets, but they didn't really like them. It kind of hurts to pay that much for the kids to not even like the food. Brian had a seafood platter and I had asparagus tempura and a cold asparagus soup. We ate lots and lots of bread though which filled us up thoroughly. It was a nice time to spend with our little family and brought back memories from all our travels in Europe.




My growing belly (4 1/2 months pregnant)...



My big girls...

It was a very windy day!

This guy just has me wrapped around his little finger. He had a blast gathering the best sticks, and then would come walk next to me and say, "I botectin' (aka protecting) you with my sticks, Mom." I've got to tell you. I felt very safe with my little body guard and his sticks.



We did manage to get one family picture too!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful family! Kelle, you look SO GOOD!

Emily said...

I think you might be one of the cutest pregnant women I've ever seen. Love it!