Monday, April 18, 2011

Gardening in Progress

Finally! Some warmer weather and it's time to plant stuff! We've been outside on all the sunny warm days building and planting. Here's our gardening in progress...

We are growing tomatoes, cucumbers, and basil from seeds. They are all still indoors getting ready to go into our backyard vegetable garden. However, this potato plant can't wait any longer to be planted. It's in the yellow pot and it was taking over my bathroom.



Here is the garden that Isaac and Brian built for us a few weeks ago. We are planting the potato in a verticle garden style using the Lowe's bucket. The gate is to keep our resident bunnies out of our garden.


As for the front, we have done much more work on it.


This Clematis was the only thing already here. I added these pretty little double begonias here.


I have already shown you some of my tulips, but now I added a bunch of tiny begonias and a little creeping phlox to this bed and all the way down.


This is a picture of my cute middle child next to the still "in progress" flower bed around the Japanese Maple tree.

Here is the finished product, complete with Impatiens and bricks.


And here is the gliding double patio seat that my husband surprised me with, possibly out of gratitude for planting all this stuff in my current whale-like condition. We've still got a lot of work to do, but now we have a lot behind us too.

1 comment:

Rich said...

That Brian sure can build gardens. I still have the one he helped me build. It's going to be my dill patch for sauerkraut.