Wednesday, October 5, 2011

First Real Bath


Drew's umbilical cord and circumcision are long healed and so it was time for his first real bath on Monday night. This involved a lot less screaming. In fact, most of the screaming took place after the bath when I was trying to get him wrapped up and dry. Once we got near the fire, he quieted down.


I put him in this bean bag, and he got very cozy for his evening nap.


He is not big on the pacifiers (we call them Bubbas; Hannah started that!) but he will use this Nuk kind while falling asleep during the day. The Nuk are the only type that will stay in his mouth for any length of time. The rest just pop right out immediately. At night he does not require it and it rarely stays in his mouth during a nap. He uses it just to calm himself and drift off.

He had kind of a rough evening that night so I held him a bit while he calmed down. Trinity, the cat, came and joined us for an episode of House, the only show Brian and I watch regularly together.


Drew's been smiling while drifting off into dreamland since his first week. This morning I got some smiles while he was very awake. By the time Hannah got the camera, he was done though. Here's the picture we took while trying for another smile. I guess it was a half smile.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Sounds like he's doing so well! I love the game newborn's play, holding their smiles until AFTER the camera has clicked!

btw, I learned that Isaiah handled the transfer from bath to towel/drying off if I put a warm washcloth over his stomach before moving him to the towel. I removed it right before I wrapped the towel around him. Wish I would've done that with Caleb... LOTS of screams from him.

Jennifer said...

He's so adorable in that bean bag!!