Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Welcome into the Church, Drew!

Reverend Reedy presiding as deacon for the first time ever, one day after his ordination at St. Paul's in Boston, MA. This was at the Mass right before he baptized Drew on Sunday, October 9, 2011.


He even got to give the homily which put my boys to sleep. Just kidding! It was an excellent homily, one of the best I've heard lately. But the boys fell asleep despite the excellent homily. Here are my sleeping little guys...


I woke up Drew to dress him for his baptism, and he was not the happiest baby.


The kids were all very distressed that I was putting him in a "dress." Tried to explain it is like a priest's vestments, but I don't know if it got through.


Drew is our youngest to be baptized by just a few days. This was also quite a trip for a newborn, 8 hours in the car each way, and so he was possibly our fussiest baby being baptized. That said, I think I am the only one who thought he was fussy. Maybe everyone was just being polite, but I had to work the whole time to keep him happy. I wish he was more of a pacifier baby because that always calmed the girls at times like these.


Drew's godparents, the Bakers, are out of the country and could not attend, so we had proxy godparents for the ceremony.







This is a special shell the Brian Reedy found on the beach and saved for when he could baptize. Drew was the first to have that privilege.


Welcome, my little love! Welcome to the Church!