Saturday, December 22, 2012

Update on the Griswold Family Christmas Tree

This was the before picture.  See how it is precariously leaning toward the window. 
After adding a sturdier base, a tree skirt, and blue lights.
After we decorated the tree.  We did this last Wednesday while Drew was taking a crazy long nap because he was sick.  We had a pajama day and this was pretty much all that got don since Drew was attached to me the whole day other than his long nap in the middle of the day.  The kids LOVED putting on the ornaments!

This is our new Christmas ornament this year with all our names on the stockings.
Now for the wrapping of presents and placing them under the tree.  I am testing Drew right now with just a few under the tree in the back.  So far, he is doing well with not touching the tree, better than I thought actually.  No gates have had to go back up yet.

And I found some creative ways to display Christmas cards all over Pinterest and tweaked a few to come up with this.  Although, in the end, I was most pleased with the over the cabinet ribbon method since it is a cleaner look.

These are hanging from a twine that I tied onto a "Hope" sign that I got at Michael's for a couple dollars.


The purple ribbon is just tied around the door.  Brian's first question was "Will the cabinet still open?"  He so underestimates me.

No comments: