Wednesday, August 21, 2013

D+5: A Ray of Sunshine

Brian told someone I was a "ray of sunshine" when they asked if I was crabby since I was overdue.  Of course, this was sarcasm at it's finest.  I have been okay most days really.  I mean I do love being pregnant most of the time.  I am just so stretched to the max and heavy feeling right now that I am short on patience by the end of the day.  Especially when I spend the day teaching a toddler to "use his words" instead of screaming, trying to get a 5 year old boy to swim to me instead of crying when water gets through his goggles and in his eyes, catching up on chemistry experiments with the girls, scanning workbooks into the computer for school, and sewing baby gifts for my godson.  Did I mention I woke up at 4:15am and couldn't go back to sleep?  No, I am not a "ray of sunshine," but I wish I was.  My favorite part of Little Women is when the mom gives the married Meg the talk about being the "sunshine-maker of the family."  That's something to strive for!

I went walking again this evening with my mom for an hour.  Contractions were coming, but I could walk through them, albeit painfully.  Tomorrow is my Non-Stress Test where I anticipate the nurse telling me that he is healthy and active with plenty of fluid and just fine to stay inside.  I know this because this guy is a serious mover and shaker.  I just sat on the couch after my walk and watched him climb around like a little alien, hands, feet, and elbows were everywhere, rolling across my tummy.  Brian actually videotaped it.  No decreased fetal movement here!  

Hannah was showing Drew some nail stickers she received.  

Drew with his baby and empty gum container.  With Isaac being very into the newness of chewing gum, Drew has been dying to have some too.  He has settled for an empty container.

Well, I have a little more sewing to do, and I suppose I should pack for the hospital since I figure I will actually get to go there eventually.  So I will be back tomorrow, one way or another, with news of this Tadpole.




1 comment:

The Pilots Wife said...

You're right. He will come out sometime. God bless you for having even having a little sunshine. I have been praying for you through out the day when you come to mind. Peace of the Lord be with you!