Saturday, August 10, 2013

Tad's time has almost come...

Look how huge I am!  I have the belly that just keeps on going.
Yep, I am one week from my due date, and I'm now getting the twin question all the time.  "Twins?" they ask with a knowing look.  "Nope, just one big baby," I reply.

I went to the doctor today and was 3cms dilated which is promising.  I opted for membrane stripping because that is better than induction and the only way I have ever had a baby without Pitocin.  So, now I am contracting and will wait and see if they get stronger or fizzle out.  If they fizzle it will have at least dilated me some more and brought me closer to labor.

Still no name.  Our list just keeps growing too.  I am hoping to have it narrowed down to three names by th time we go to the hospital, but I am not sure it's going to happen.  Here's a general list if you care to offer your opinion.

Judah Michael (Full disclosure...my all time favorite name.)

First names:
Jacob/Jakob
Matthias
Lucas
Peter
Paul
Matthew
Benjamin

Middle names:
Kellan
Cecil (my grandfather's name)
Thaddeus
Gerard
Augustine

Brian likes the more common names, and I like the more unique names.  Can you say "Impasse?"  He'll be lucky if he comes home from the hospital with an actual name at this point.  He may have to stay Tad.

1 comment:

The Pilots Wife said...

I can't wait to find out what you decide. It's kind of like waiting for the unveiling of the Royal baby's name. :) May the peace of the Lord be with you in these busy last days and prayers for a safe, uncomplicated, and fast delivery!