Friday, October 4, 2013

Judah's 6 weeks old!

Sleepy smiles with mommy
Sleep:  He is doing great falling asleep on his own for naps.  There have been a couple times when I thought he wasn't tired yet and let him stay up longer than an hour and 15 minutes.  This was a mistake because he has a harder time getting to sleep and staying asleep if I do this.  It is hard to catch his sleepy cues, so usually I have to follow the clock and have about 1 hour of waketime.  Bedtime at night is the only time he cries a lot.  I have been going in and giving him his pacifier and patting him for a few minutes to help him fall asleep if he can't quite do it on his own.  I hope that this is a short term problem.  Drew was around 6 weeks when he started falling asleep better at that time.  He is still zipped in the Woombie at naps and wrapped in the Miracle blanket at night.

Growing like a weed!  He's almost too big for his coming home outfit!  On our scale, he is almost 14 lbs.  We'll have to see if that is accurate when we go to the doctor for his 2 month well check soon.
 Nursing:  He is still nursing at 6:30am, 9:30am, 12:30pm, 3:30pm, 6pm, and 8:30pm, 11pm (dreamfeed), and around 3/4am.  Great nurser!  He started spitting up this last week more often.

He reminds me so much of Hannah in this picture.  I'll see if I can dig up a picture of her so you can see what I mean.
 Name:  I am still calling him Judah and Brian is still calling him Ben.  The kids switch around right now.  My family is calling him Ben too.  My friends are calling him Judah though.  I did ask the kids to call him Ben or Benny instead of Benjamin because some children pronounce it "Bengerman" which is not one of his many name options.  :)  So, basically, he still has two names.  None have won out completely as of yet.

Chubby Goodness!
Diapers:  He is going through them like crazy.  Sometimes he doesn't poop for several feedings or overnight.  Then he will poop.  I change him, he poops again, and I change him again.  Sometimes this repeats a third time.  He is also moving up to size 2 diapers already.  The size ones wouldn't make it to the next feeding before they started leaking, and he had two blowouts on the way to the beach.

That's about it since all he does is eat, sleep, and poop...not always in that order.  He's a joy to look at and hold though.  He seems to prefer not to be held most of the time, but there are times when he does want some cuddle time.  I think I notice a preference for his mommy already which not all my kids have had at this age.  I think just Genna and him have shown that preference so young.

No comments: