Thursday, January 9, 2014

He finally had his 4 month well check!

Isaac spends the most time with Judah.  Judah laughs and smiles at him all the time and it puts the biggest smile on Isaac's face.  Maybe he got the brother he always wanted this time.  He and Drew just really don't have a smooth relationship.  And Drew has probably let Isaac cuddle him like this maybe twice in his whole life, including infanthood.

Dimples!   Five children it took for me to get those dimples!
 Judah finally had his 4 month well check.  It was cancelled twice.  I ended up seeing a different doctor since I was tired of the rescheduling.  He is the lightest of all three boys at this age, but about the same length.  He weighed 17.8 lbs and was 25 inches long.  He had no problems, and was deemed healthy as a horse.  He cried for a very brief time over the shots.  The best part was that he slept 7.5 hours that night which is the longest ever.

The baby makes some sweet sweet sounds, beautiful gurgles and coos.
 He is now blowing raspberries, holding and picking up toys within reach, and sleeping an average of 6 hours at night.  I have been holding out to let him cry at night again to get him to that 7 hour mark because he is almost there.  I keep hoping that he'll just start sleeping that extra hour himself without me having to force the issue.  Also, his diaper has suddenly started being dirty again in the night.  He was an every other day pooper for a good while, but now he is pooping all the time again.  I am sure within the next month I'll start just changing his diaper and putting him back down, but for now I am nursing him at 4:30 or 5am.  If he makes it til 6am, I start the day then, otherwise, I put him back down and wake him at 7am.

Like a cherub!


Judah rubbed a good bald spot on the back of his head again, so I gave him another good shave. 


Judah has definitely entered the fuss for attention phase.  I can't walk by him while he is playing happily or he immediately starts crying.  Also, sometimes even just hearing my voice sets him off.  He is very clingy to me and cries with his daddy a lot like Genna used to do as an infant.  I bought a new baby wrap and have been trying to get him used to it, but he really doesn't seem that happy in it when he is already fussy. If he was just wanting to be held, it does seem to work.  I'll get a picture of that soon.



I love this one!

No comments: