Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A Room with a View

I am taking forever to get pictures of the house set up.  Mainly because hanging up shelves and frames is a giant pain here since the walls are cement.  Cement walls have their perks, don't misunderstand me.  I love how quiet cement houses are compared to squeaky wooden ones.  There's always that added benefit of not being flammable.  However, when it comes to hammering in nails, forget about it.  You need special nails or you have to use screws for everything.  Long story to excuse my lack of pictures of the house since getting our furniture.  That said, here is my kitchen.

My favorite part of the kitchen (that as you may remember is too small for the amount of cooking I do and little people that hang on me while I do that cooking) is this big window with a beautiful view.  On that hill over there, we have two horses I see almost daily that I have nicknamed Jack and Jill.
Our house is at the top of the village which both causes me to fear snow/ice and affords me a terrific view!
My happy, adorable cooking buddy.  Don't tell anybody I put the Bumbo on the counter.  It's our little secret, okay?

Since this photo, we have put up some storage in the pantry, and I have been able to make more counter space available.  It really is very doable to cook for 8 in here.  What's not doable is to have a child unloading the dishwasher while I try to cook with a couple little ones underfoot.  It gets a little hairy then.
I am just trying to be a "glass half full" kind of person instead of my regular "glass half empty" self.  I have taken the speech Mother gave Meg in Little Women to heart, my favorite line being, "Go out more, keep cheerful as well as busy, for you are the sunshine-maker of the family, and if you get dismal there is no fair weather."  I sort of stink at this, of course, but I am starting over and trying my best each day.  Genna was crying about missing her friends and her "other life" and Hannah misses our "warm house with carpet."  It reminded me that there is nothing to be done about the things we miss, but we must press on and make a home and life for ourselves here.  And I must be the leader in making sunshine for our family in this not so sunny land.  So, Yea! for my beautiful window and my wonderful view!  

No comments: