Monday, January 4, 2016

Oompa Loompa or gumdrop? You decide.

This is a shout out to our Maryland neighbor who gave us all kinds of hand-me-downs for Judah after I had given her son all Drew's hand-me-downs.  I had never seen the sleep sacks with legs before.  Her son was in love with his sleep sack and so they went hunting for bigger sizes.  I've never been a huge sleep sack person.  I have used them, especially as a transition out of the swaddle blanket (Woombie,) or when it just gets really cold, and they won't keep blankets on.  We tried this one out because, and I'm embarrassed to say this, his room doesn't have a heater like the rest.  Now we, of course, leave the door open a bit, and the boys' room is connected with a radiator.  This has been fine so far, but on chillier evenings I like to put this on Judah to make sure he's toasty warm.  Enter Oompa Loompa.





I call him an Oompa Loompa, but (and the theme continues) Brian likes to call him a gumdrop.  As it has gone with his name, the kids all pick which nickname to call him between the two options.  What is it with this one in particular that makes Mom and Dad disagree on what to call him?

No comments: